Verbal communication is of course essential as well if you offer a phone-based support service. Here are some examples that will help you sort out suitable help desk engineer candidates from great ones. Your response to this question defines whether you are aware of the responsibilities of a software support engineer.
It is also used to create admin users, connect to external devices such as printers, scanners, etc. It is a type of semiconductor memory that is typically used for the data or program code needed by a computer processor to function. DRAM is a common type of random access memory used in personal computers, workstations, and servers. The different types of DRAM are SRAM, VRAM, SGRAM, DDR-SDRAM, etc. A job in IT assistance may be the best fit for you if you love interacting with people and dealing with computers, networking equipment, and other people. It’s possible to enter practically any tech-related field with an IT/Desktop support career.
What is the SMTP server or POP server?
Using IP addresses, a web browser communicates with the Internet. It assigns IP addresses to a significant portion of the network’s computer systems. Do post more questions regarding active directory and office 365 as well.
- The Interview Simulator is disabled for this browser due to compatibility issues.
- DHCP is an acronym that stands for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol.
- Your answer must be sincere and honest, and you have a great understanding of this job profile and its purpose.
- Small Computer System Interface is the acronym for Small Computer System Interface.
- It does this by monitoring all incoming and outgoing traffic and blocking any packets that appear to be suspicious.
- You should talk about your love of troubleshooting computers or your keen interest and in-depth knowledge about trending technologies, OS and its applications.
Answers here may range from the general, such as Stack Overflow, The Verge and IT-related Reddit communities , to tech-specific blogs and social media feeds. This information can provide insight into candidates‘ levels of engagement with the world of technology. Tier 3 comprises senior technical staff who deal with complex issues, as well as strategy and reporting. They will require a strong IT background and excellent problem-solving abilities. Otherwise, you’ll quickly lose the interest of the best talent.
What is an average call period while dealing with the customers?
This allows technicians to access files and settings even when the primary operating system isn’t working. DNS can be explained as a protocol responsible for providing the framework for web browsing. Simply put, DNS is a network of computers that supports the infrastructure necessary to browse the Internet. This question is meant to analyze how much research you have done about the company you are applying to.
- Remember to answer this question by researching the systems the organization is using.
- To pass through your job interview successfully on the first try, go to Wisdomjobs’ website for Desktop Engineer job interview questions and answers.
- When one or more computers work together as a single system by sharing their resources is known as clustering.
- You can also state how your experience will be of great use to the company.
- Define the steps of installing a printer on user’s desktop.
- You would extract the HD from the infected PC in order to successfully and safely retrieve data.
- In the extended partition, we can create a more extensive amount of logical partition.
The speed of communication velocity between microprocessor and RAM is known as BUS speed. A site is a physical location where all domains are available. The replication traffic between two or more different sites in the network is managed by the site. Restore the important system files from the original Windows CD.
What do you understand by overclocking? What are the advantages of overclocking?
Thank you so much for sharing the interview questions with answers ….. The PTR record or Pointer record is used to check if the server name is connected with the IP address, it is exactly opposite to the ‘A’ record. This record is basically created in reverse lookup zone, so it is also known as Reverse DNS records or pointer records.
What is L1 L2 and L3?
L1 is a speaker's first language. L2 is the second, L3 the third etc. A learner whose L1 is Spanish may find Portuguese and Italian easy languages to learn because of a fairly close connection between the languages.
When required, it can also change a ghost image back to its original form. It is often used during the reinstallation of an operating system. TCP/IP stands for Transmission Control Protocol or Internet protocol.
What are the usages of RJ45 and RJ11 connectors?
Candidates at this level will need a good all-round knowledge of common IT issues. Tier 1 serves as the first point of contact for callers and offers basic technical support. Candidates for this position may have a limited IT background.
As you respond to this question, share your personality, traits, skills, experience, and education that matches the need of the company. The response you provide to this question will show your ability to take responsibility for the mistakes you have committed. In your response, share about a time you ever failed in your role and the lessons you took from the mistake.